Matticus posted 8 Questions Your Guild Should Ask Itself. Since his focus is on raiding, that’s where this quiz aims. Here’s how I’d answer them for our guild alliance.
- Do you have a clearly defined identity? We are a raiding alliance. We aim to allow people to raid even when they can’t commit to a regular schedule.
- Do you have a clearly defined schedule? We raid 2-3 times per week. Raids are scheduled in advance and posted on the website.
- Do you actually FOLLOW that schedule? Yes. First pull is at raid start time (or a little earlier). If it isn’t within 15 minutes of raid start, the raid is cancelled.
- Do you have legitimate and fair looting system, with defined rules that are followed? We’re using roll – need for main spec, greed for offspec or alts. We’re still working on some of the finer details, e.g. what happens when you change mains/specs?
- Do you have a plan for progression? Our main focus is 10 player progression. So far our speed has kept pace with Blizzard’s release of new content.
- Do you have fun playing together? Yes, that is one of our reasons for existing. When it’s not fun, stop playing.
- What is your vent environment like? Family friendly with some innuendo.
- How are you with female players? About 1/3 to 1/2 of our players are female. It’s not a novelty to have female players.